The novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) and the subsequent decline in economic growth worldover has led the world’s top oil producers to announce they would reduce production by 10 million barrels per day. News agency Reuters also reported that Saudi Arabia, Russia and their allies would try to convince Mexico to join an accord.
- The European Union managed to negotiate the unlocking a 500 billion euros relief package for countries hit the hardest by COVID-19.
- India’s tally of cases positive to the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) was at 6,412 April 10, 2020, according to the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The death toll was 206 at evening.
- Maharashtra’s accounted for nearly half od India’s deaths amid more than 1,300 cases.
- Tamil Nadu’s case count was the next-highest.
- Rajasthan, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh recorded more than 15 deaths each.
- Worldover, there 1.6 million cases and more than 96,000 deaths.
- The proportion of serious / critical cases remained at 4 per cent.
- The United States continued with most cases by a wide margin — at 468,895.
- It death toll of 16,697 was second only to Italy’s 18,279.
- The US also had the most number of serious / critical cases at 10,011.
- The Vatican City has fared the worst so far in terms of per capita infections with a rate of 9,988 cases per million population.
- The San Marino — also adjunct to Italy — has the worst death rate at 1,002 per million.
We are a voice to you; you have been a support to us. Together we build journalism that is independent, credible and fearless. You can further help us by making a donation. This will mean a lot for our ability to bring you news, perspectives and analysis from the ground so that we can make change together.